Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Welcome!

Welcome to The BOLD Ones! I'm so glad you found this blog; God has laid it on my heart for almost two months, and, well, here I am. During those two months, God spoke to me through Paul's life in the New Testament, challenging me to speak out boldly for Christ just like Paul. Although much of the world hated Paul for his courage and confidence in his Savior, he remained strong in his faith and full of joy. Because of this, he influenced so many, through both his prosperity and suffering. Philippians 1:14 says, "Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the Word of God more courageously and fearlessly." In the same way, I pray that my struggles challenge you, my readers, to become a bold one for Christ.

Only a few verses later, when Paul is in prison and unsure of his future, he writes "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage (or boldness in another translation) so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death." (Phil. 1:20) From this verse, the Lord cemented my purpose for this blog, and really, for my life. (Isn't it amazing how God's Word does that?) This verse eventually turned into a prayer, which then evolved into my mission statement.

Dear Heavenly Father, With this blog, I commit myself to the bold life you have called me to live. I surrender my earthly desires, my selfish heart, and my reputation to you. My prayer is that you will become more, and I will become so much less. From now on, let me focus on your eternal plan, be filled with your joy, and speak your truth alone. I will not be ashamed of the God I serve, but will boast of You, letting your light radiate from me into this dark world. Instead of falling into the traps of a sinful and broken culture, I will live authentically, showing your grace through my weakness. Lord, speak through me as I share my heart in these posts, not so readers see my own brokenness, but so they see You put my broken pieces together to make something beautiful. Let it challenge them to fearlessly share your truth and become a bold one for You. I want them to see Your power and love as you use an imperfect daughter to accomplish Your perfect and beautiful masterpiece.

- Savannah Brooke

P.S. My plan is to post every Saturday. If I feel I have something to say during the week, I'll surprise y'all with an extra post :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! <3 God going to do amazing things for this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much! That is my prayer :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I’m memorizing Philippians and have really been challenged by that same verse (1:14)!! I will pray that God uses you and your blog to grow the faith of others!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your prayers! That verse really gave me a whole different perspective on the way God can use our trials for his glory.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, the bold ones, on how God is working through your life -- so please comment below! Just remember to keep your comments clean, respectful, and glorifying to God.