Saturday, July 7, 2018

ask, seek, knock

Dear Lord,

I find it so easy to get stuck in the motions. Read the Bible, pray, go to church, repeat. My mind is there, but my heart is not. I lack a passion for You. I want you to be my heart's deepest desire. Help me to crave your presence. I want to chase headlong after you and your character, because I know that what I will find will not disappoint. Lord, I have seen the effects of your love, but I want to know your love. I see Your light before me, but I want to understand every part of that light. In everything, give me eyes to look beyond the surface and find you working behind the scenes. My prayer is this: "You God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you in a dry and parched land where there is no water." (Psalm 63:1)

On this journey, Lord, I long to be like David -- a man (or, in my case, woman) after God's own heart.  At the beginning of time, you called me by name and put my first desire for you in my heart -- to accept you as my Lord and Savior. Now, I pray that you would put the desire in me to know you deeper. Only you have the power to relight my passion, for my sinful nature would always choose rejection. So, Father, I ask that you reveal Yourself to me as I seek after your character, that when I knock on the doors of you heart, you would answer with open arms.

- Savannah Brooke

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened." Luke 11:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, the bold ones, on how God is working through your life -- so please comment below! Just remember to keep your comments clean, respectful, and glorifying to God.